In the past, insurance coverage for Sports Camps, Clinics and Tournaments was either too costly, too limited or not available at all. Schools, coaches and directors were either forced to pay extremely high insurance premiums, or to run camps and clinics without the proper insurance protection, therefore running the risk of personal exposure to lawsuits or a participants injury claim.
In 2013, over 8,700 Sports Camps, Clinics and Tournaments were insured with FL Dean & Associates. This specialty insurance program has been designed to cover the inherent risks involved for the schools, park districts, coaches, directors and participants of today's sports camps, clinics and tournaments. Coverages offered include:
- Accident Insurance - which pays the medical bills of an injured player, coach or volunteer worker.
- General Liability Insurance - provides protection against claims of bodily injury liability, property damage liability, personal and advertising injury liability and the litigation costs to defend against such claims.
- Abuse or Molestation coverage is provided for claims arising out of physical abuse, such as sexual or other bodily harm and non-physical abuse, such as verbal, emotional or mental abuse.
- Professional Liability coverage includes services that involves specialized education, knowledge, labor, judgement and skill that is predominantly mental or intellectual.
- Inland Marine Coverage - Equipment coverage for all owned or rented sports equipment.
Additional optional coverages include hired and non-owned automobile liability coverage, higher abuse or molestation limit and additional limits of general liability coverage to satisfy the requirements of venues, school or park districts.
PLEASE NOTE: A separate program is available for Lacrosse, Rugby, & Ice Hockey Camps
INELIGIBLE ACTIVITY TYPES: Tackle Football, Boy or Girl Scouts, Boxing, BMX, Surfing, Water Activities that are motorized (including water skis, jet skis, wake boarding, motorized boats), Before or After School Programs, Camps with Horseback riding, Equestrian Camps, Camps with Amusement Park or Water Park exposures, Sports Instruction Facilities, Adult Soccer Leagues and Tournaments. Operations outside of the U.S. are not eligible for this coverage and must be submitted to our office for quotation.